If you’re still looking for a summer internship, check out this posting from Wells Fargo.
Who: Wells Fargo & Company
What: Summer Associate/Securities Operations
Where: Various Locations
Job Description: Wells Fargo Securities Operations – Summer Associate Program
Wells Fargo Securities consists of nearly 4,800 team members in 40+ offices across North America, Europe and Asia focused on US middle market and large corporations, and global institutional investors. Wells Fargo Securities brings together the company’s market-leading businesses in debt and equity underwriting, mergers and acquisitions, loan syndications, debt and equity sales and trading, tax-exempt products, research and economics, and hedging products relating to equity, commodities and interest rate risks. Our customer-driven model is focused on delivering capital markets solutions to long standing customer relationships in middle market, large corporate, institutional, commercial real estate, municipal and internal Wells Fargo client segments.
Our internships provide the opportunity to gain exposure and experience working for one of the most well-regarded financial institutions in the world; learn about our business and the many careers and professional development opportunities; expand personal and professional networks; incorporate knowledge gained in school while learning new skills and interview for future career opportunities at Wells Fargo. Depending on the business group, the duration of the program is approximately 8 – 10 weeks. The summer intern opportunities are primarily available in Charlotte, New York, Minneapolis and San Francisco.
WFS Operations primarily supports the Wells Fargo Securities group sales and trading activities. The product areas supported consist of the firm’s securities activities (both fixed income and equities), fixed income derivatives, real estate capital markets, credit derivatives, equity derivatives and exchange-traded futures and options.
You may be placed in one of the following businesses:
- Collateral Management
- Exception Resolution
- Equity Operations
- Derivative Settlements
- Commodities, Credit, Rates Middle Office
- WFS Settlement Operations
- Wells Fargo Securities Operations Solutions
- Project Management
- Futures and Derivatives Clearing
- Prime Services
Interns assume significant responsibilities that may include:
- Assisting in the daily responsibilities of the Collateral Management Team
- Participation in testing of system enhancements
- Performing research and analysis on General Ledger account balance breaks via Intellimatch and nBalance, Excel and Access, specifically, but not limited to the: Wire in and Wire out, Fails, DDA s, General Suspense, Wash, and Internal Trading Accounts.
- Assisting team members with day-to-day responsibilities related to trade processing, P&L production and analysis as well as projects.
- Assisting with the daily functions within the ETDS group including preparation of daily futures & options clearing broker reconciliations, perform the daily affirmation of client trade activity and resolve client inquiries & reconciliation exceptions on a daily basis.
- Assisting with the daily settlement functions within the SCP & RCP which include payment affirmation, settlement and exception resolution on a daily basis.
- Working with the group to run daily reconciliations, send out management reporting and liaison with other groups to research issues that may come up on a daily basis.
- Assisting in creating workflows and flowcharts for defining business processes.
- Assisting with PowerPoint presentations, Visio diagrams and information gathering.
- Assisting in providing testing and support for multiple downstream groups.
- Creating test cases in Excel.
- Research on data transactions and other such research work the group may need.
- Wells Fargo will not sponsor visas for these positions, and will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is based on their F-1 or other student visa status. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program with a graduation date between December 2015 and June 2016.
- Interns must demonstrate a combination of academic aptitude, quantitative skills, personal motivation, distinguished written and verbal communication and presentation skills, excellence in working effectively as an individual and as part of a team, and an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Coursework in financial accounting, corporate finance, mathematics or engineering.
- Dedication to building a career in the financial services industry.
- Proven ability to take on significant responsibility.
- Willingness to work long hours in a demanding, highly focused, collaborative, and team environment.
- Energetic self-starter who is flexible, organized, conscientious, proactive, and detail-oriented.
- An individual who demonstrates a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s program with a graduation date between December 2015 and June 2016.
Apply at: https://employment.wellsfargo.com/psp/PSEA/APPLICANT_NW/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?FOCUS=Applicant (copy paste the link into your task bar)