From The Direct Action & Research Training (DART):
Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice
The Direct Action & Research Training (DART) Center will hold an online information session on Tuesday, November 14 at 7:00 pm to discuss careers in community organizing with USF students and alumni interested in uniting congregations and working for social, economic and racial justice.
RSVP at www.thedartcenter.org/nov14
DART hires and trains organizers to build organizations that have successfully addressed issues including:
* Plugging the school-to-prison pipeline
* Reining in predatory lending practices
* Expanding access to primary health and dental care
* Prioritizing funding for affordable housing and job training
* Improving low performing schools
* Fighting for immigrants’ rights
Positions start January 16, 2018 in Topeka, KS, Miami, FL, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, Columbia, SC, and Charleston, SC.
Positions start August 13, 2018 in Knoxville, TN, Columbia, SC, Charleston, SC, Lexington, KY, Topeka, KS, and St. Petersburg, Jacksonville, Tampa, West Palm Beach, Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
Starting salary $34,000/year + benefits.
Although it may be helpful, no prior organizing experience is necessary. Fluent Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply.